Monday, July 13, 2009

Road Trip to Oxford:Part 3 - Bagels!

So this will be the last post regarding our Oxford trip and this might be the most enlightening post yet. If you get a chance to visit Miami University or even if you think you'll never visit there, ever, you have to get yourself to the Bagel and Deli Shop sometime during your life here on earth!! The Bagel Shop (as I lovingly refer to it) is located uptown and serves the most awesome, mouth watering bagel sandwiches in the world!! Well, at least in my world.
Now I am sure that many of you are skeptical thinking that you have had good toasted bagel sandwiches at other establishments. But these are not toasted, my friend. They are steamed and believe me after eating one of these beautiful steamed creations you will be thinking about them for the rest of your life. The Bagel Shop has an enormous menu of sandwich concoctions. I seem to always order my own combination - onion bagel with turkey, swiss cheese, banana peppers, onions, tomatoes, and honey mustard! Makes my mouth water! Also, the Miami Bagel - blueberry bagel with cream cheese and cinnamon sugar- is one that everyone needs to try. Because it is a Miami tradition.
Since there is not much seating at the Bagel Shop you probably will want to get your bagels to go. My suggestion is to take them to the little park in the square. Enjoy them. Then let the kiddos burn off some calories while running through the fountains.

1 comment:

  1. I think a road trip to Oxford is in order! Sounds yummy =)

    ReplyDelete