Saturday, February 28, 2009

Doggie Clothing

Do you dress your dog? I have friends who dress their dogs. They buy them clothing and hair accessories (I mean fur). Now, don't think I'm judging those of you who do but I don't see myself ever getting into this hobby. I have my reasons.



1. I don't have a lot of extra money to indulge in buying pet clothing. Any extra cash here goes for the all important java runs - Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons.



2. I have very little fashion sense for myself. How would I know what to put on a dog? Do you match their eyes, their season? Someone tell me.



3. My husband would think I had lost my mind.



4. My dog is a redneck.



I have to admit that for one week when Savvy was young we did put clothing on her. It was the time we had her fixed. We needed something to keep her redneck teeth from getting to that incision site. So, practical fashion diva that I am, I came up with this.




The hand-me-down Hanes t-shirt!! Like how I added the hair tie to hold the outfit together? Actually, my redneck dog looked kind of cute. I think the outfit matched her eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Lily liked Savvy's outfit. She said it is so funny! We don't dress our dog either. When she was a puppy we did paint her toenails with "paw"lish. So bad, I know. However, since kids, she has been demoted to dog and Lily is the one to get her nails painted =)

    ReplyDelete