Monday, June 29, 2009

What goes around comes around

Thought I'd share this pic of the kiddos. It was Anna's birthday and we were headed out for lunch so I snapped the three amigos together sporting their HUGE sunglasses. They think they are so cool keeping with the popular trend, but what they don't realize is that I had the VERY SAME sunglasses in the 80s!!!

Why, oh why, did I not hang on to those things?? Can you imagine how popular I'd be among the teen crowd with a drawer full of these nostalgic wonders? I shared that thought with one of the kiddos and do you know what she told me?

"Mom, Grandma has a whole basket full of these sunglasses."

So, I guess I lose out to my mother, again. My only question is this. If the Grams owns so many of these sunglasses, WHY are the kids buying brand new ones?

2 comments:

  1. They are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - THAT is funny! Having just spent time at my parents' for the 4th - I know what you mean about what they keep vs. throw out!

    ReplyDelete